Stretching is an important part of your fitness regime and is vital to your wellbeing. Read about the benefits of stretching.
You can take 10-15 minutes any time of the day to stretch all of your muscles. Hold each stretch pose for 15-20 seconds. Here are some examples:
Legs and Gluteus
1. The standing forward bend targets the hamstrings (back of your thighs)
2. Do this for both legs to stretch out the quads (front upper thighs)
3. The lotus forward bend stretches out your inner thighs and your hips
4. Do this for both sides to stretch your gluteus (butt) muscle by pressing your knee away with your elbow
Back and Sides
1. Do this for both sides while lying on the floor to stretch out your sides and back (also targets your chest and arms)
2. Upward dog targets your back and also stretches your abs
3. This classic yoga pose also stretches your back and mis section
4. Standing side stretch is great for your side muscles
Child Pose: This is a great yoga pose that relaxes you and settles and mind while stretching out your entire body.
Never miss a single update or post – sign up to HHB Life Newsletter and stay healthy, happy and beautiful.
I’m exactly the same as you. I have my days that are full of energy and positive thinking. I wake up early and hit the gym and do a really good workout and feel good…
Try these songs to get you going during those hardcore cardio or circut training sessions. It’ll get you pumped up and flying through your workout!
We all lead busy lives. I’ve heard all the excuses in the world! “I’m too busy with work/family/social calendar” “I’m too tired to workout after a long day” “The gym is too far …
If you do any kind of exercise, or have ever talked to a personal trainer, you must have heard of Interval Training by now. It has become quite a popular type of exercise in recent times