Stretching is an important part of your fitness regime and is vital to your wellbeing. Read about the benefits of stretching.
You can take 10-15 minutes any time of the day to stretch all of your muscles. Hold each stretch pose for 15-20 seconds. Here are some examples:
Legs and Gluteus
1. The standing forward bend targets the hamstrings (back of your thighs)
2. Do this for both legs to stretch out the quads (front upper thighs)
3. The lotus forward bend stretches out your inner thighs and your hips
4. Do this for both sides to stretch your gluteus (butt) muscle by pressing your knee away with your elbow
Back and Sides
1. Do this for both sides while lying on the floor to stretch out your sides and back (also targets your chest and arms)
2. Upward dog targets your back and also stretches your abs
3. This classic yoga pose also stretches your back and mis section
4. Standing side stretch is great for your side muscles
Child Pose: This is a great yoga pose that relaxes you and settles and mind while stretching out your entire body.
Never miss a single update or post – sign up to HHB Life Newsletter and stay healthy, happy and beautiful.
We all lead busy lives. I’ve heard all the excuses in the world! “I’m too busy with work/family/social calendar” “I’m too tired to workout after a long day” “The gym is too far …
Stretching, also known as flexibility training, should be incorporated into your routine after each workout. Like the warm-up and cool-down after cardio training, lots of people…
Muscle Training is what we do to tone and build muscle tissue. You can do muscle or strength training by lifting weights, using resistance bands, or using your own body…
Cardio gets your heart rate up, conditions your heart and lungs, and instantly burns off calories. Cardio reduces the resting heart rate and normalizes the blood pressure…