Beetroot-Goat cheese Salad with Roasted Pine nuts
(Makes 4 servings)
3 medium beetroots
Pine nuts (or walnuts if you prefer)
- Boil the beetroots with skin on in a pot until the knife can go easily through them. It may take up to 40 minutes
- While waiting, put two handfuls of pine nuts onto a low heated pan and roast them for about 10 minutes constantly mixing them with a spatula. You can also use walnuts or a combination of both types of nuts
- When beets are soft enough, drain the water from the pot, let them cool down, and peel the skin off
- Cut the beets into thin half moon shaped slices
- In a big bowl, toss in the baby spinach leaves, and add the sliced beets and roasted pine nuts.
- Cut up the goat cheese into small cubes (as much or as little as you want) and add to the salad
- In a separate bowl whisk 4 tablespoons of olive oil and 4 table spoons of balsamic vinegar together with a fork for a few minutes, and pour the mixture over the salad
- Add a bit of salt and pepper as you prefer, and enjoy!
Never miss a single update or post – sign up to HHB Life Newsletter and stay healthy, happy and beautiful.
Good nutrition is the key to being healthy and beautiful. What you decide to put in your body affects every aspect of your life. You have to choose foods that help nourish and fuel…
Experiencing setbacks when it comes to eating well is part of life and should be expected. Don’t think that you can go your whole life staying on track and …
Check out my 10 tips for healthy eating that I’ve learned over the years from professional dietitians and nutritionists: 1. Eat small meals every 3-4 hours. Spacing your meals
I occasionally allow myself some comfort food and sweets when I really feel like it. But there are some things that I wouldn’t even consider putting into my body. Here’s a list of 6 food items you’d never find in my kitchen…