Roasted Pumpkin-Mozzarella Salad with Cranberries
1/3 of small pumpkin (Doi Japanese or Butternut squash) about 0.3 kg – seeds taken out
½ of red or yellow bell pepper
1 medium buffalo mozzarella ball
Spinach or Rocket leaves – 2 handfuls
1 big ripe tomato
Salt and pepper
Ground dry chili
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 small handful of dried cranberries
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees C
- Cut up the pumpkin into medium moon shape wedges and the bell pepper into medium size strips.
- Coat an oven tray with one tablespoon of olive oil, and place the pumpkin and bell pepper on the tray.
- Sprinkle another tablespoon of olive oil on top of the pumpkin and bell pepper, then sprinkle some sea salt, pepper, and ground chili on top and put in the oven for 15 – 20 minutes or until edges are getting crispy
- Place the rocket or spinach leaves in a large bowl, add sliced tomatoes and sliced mozzarella and coat with 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- When the pumpkin and bell peppers are ready, take them out of the oven, let them cool slightly and cut them into bite-size pieces. Add them to the bowl
- Gently mix the salad, sprinkle some freshly ground pepper on top and add in the cranberries
- Serve the salad with sprinkling some balsamic vinegar over it – as much or as little as you like
Never miss a single update or post – sign up to HHB Life Newsletter and stay healthy, happy and beautiful.
Spices have been used for centuries the world over for their pharmaceutical attributes to cure illnesses and prevent diseases. So it is not a surprise to find out that many spices are full of powerful antioxidants
Some food can help you improve your appearance and keep your youthful looks. The following list describes which vitamins can improve your appearance and which foods…
Working long hours, leading a hectic lifestyle, and traveling can certainly be obstacles to eating healthy. But these don’t have to be excuses for not eating well, and you can certainly…
We all want to be happy. Some food can have a positive impact on how you feel mentally and emotionally. Ensuring your diet incorporates all major food groups will keep…