Russian Beetroot Salad
In Russian language this salad is called “Salat Vinnegret” and is a popular side dish at dinner parties. This purely vegan dish is super healthy and so delicious!
It is very simple to prepare but takes some time to boil the vegetables and cut them up into small pieces.
2 medium potatoes
1 small onion
5-6 dill pickles
Salt and Pepper
- In a big pot boil the beetroot (with skin on), potatoes and a carrot (both peeled) for about 20 minutes or until the knife can go through the vegetables easily
- While the vegetables are boiling, chop up one small onion finely, put in a big bowl
- Chop the dill pickles into small cubes and add to the bowl
- Add 4 table spoons of canned peas to the bowl
- When the boiled vegetables are ready, drain the water and let them cool for a few minutes
- Cut the potatoes and carrots into small cubes and add to the bowl
- Peel the skin off the beetroot and cut into small cubes. Add to the bowl
- Add 3 table spoons of olive oil to the bowl and mix everything really well
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Chop dill finely, add it to the bowl and mix well
*This salad will keep well for 4-5 days in the refrigerator, so you can enjoy a bowl every day as a side dish or as a small meal on its own.
Never miss a single update or post – sign up to HHB Life Newsletter and stay healthy, happy and beautiful.
Working long hours, leading a hectic lifestyle, and traveling can certainly be obstacles to eating healthy. But these don’t have to be excuses for not eating well, and you can certainly…
Do you ever get the feeling you’re on a rollercoaster ride? You diet, you break the diet, you go back to the cakes and pies, you diet again, you break the diet … and so it goes.
Everyone is different. The taller you are, and the more muscle mass you have, the more calories you require. Also, men generally require more calories than women.
It’s the beginning of the new year, and as always, the gyms are packed; vows to give up sweets are made, and all other kinds of resolutions are being posted on social media with high hopes and good intentions. This is the year!