Russian Beetroot Salad
In Russian language this salad is called “Salat Vinnegret” and is a popular side dish at dinner parties. This purely vegan dish is super healthy and so delicious!
It is very simple to prepare but takes some time to boil the vegetables and cut them up into small pieces.
2 medium potatoes
1 small onion
5-6 dill pickles
Salt and Pepper
- In a big pot boil the beetroot (with skin on), potatoes and a carrot (both peeled) for about 20 minutes or until the knife can go through the vegetables easily
- While the vegetables are boiling, chop up one small onion finely, put in a big bowl
- Chop the dill pickles into small cubes and add to the bowl
- Add 4 table spoons of canned peas to the bowl
- When the boiled vegetables are ready, drain the water and let them cool for a few minutes
- Cut the potatoes and carrots into small cubes and add to the bowl
- Peel the skin off the beetroot and cut into small cubes. Add to the bowl
- Add 3 table spoons of olive oil to the bowl and mix everything really well
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Chop dill finely, add it to the bowl and mix well
*This salad will keep well for 4-5 days in the refrigerator, so you can enjoy a bowl every day as a side dish or as a small meal on its own.
Never miss a single update or post – sign up to HHB Life Newsletter and stay healthy, happy and beautiful.
Do you ever get the feeling you’re on a rollercoaster ride? You diet, you break the diet, you go back to the cakes and pies, you diet again, you break the diet … and so it goes.
Experiencing setbacks when it comes to eating well is part of life and should be expected. Don’t think that you can go your whole life staying on track and …
We all want to be happy. Some food can have a positive impact on how you feel mentally and emotionally. Ensuring your diet incorporates all major food groups will keep…
Check out my 10 tips for healthy eating that I’ve learned over the years from professional dietitians and nutritionists: 1. Eat small meals every 3-4 hours. Spacing your meals