Wholewheat-Oatmeal Blueberry Muffins
(Makes 12 muffins)
1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup oat bran
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup grape seed oil
1/2 cup Greek-style yogurt
1 1/2 Tbsp of raw honey
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1 cup blueberries
1/2 cup walnuts, crushed into medium pieces
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C. Grease the muffin cups with a bit of oil.
2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, oats, baking powder, salt and baking soda.
3. In a separate smaller bowl, mix together grape seed oil, yogurt, honey, vanilla and eggs. Combine the two mixtures together in the big bowl. Mix well making sure all ingredients are blended.
4. Spoon the mixture into the muffin pan cups. Take equal amounts of blueberries and walnuts and insert into each individual cup separately.
5. Bake until the muffins are golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. (about 20 minutes)
6. Store in an airtight container and refrigerate if keeping for more than a few days.
Never miss a single update or post – sign up to HHB Life Newsletter and stay healthy, happy and beautiful.
Everyone is different. The taller you are, and the more muscle mass you have, the more calories you require. Also, men generally require more calories than women.
A Food Diary is a daily report of what you ate, what time you ate it, how much you ate, and why you ate it. It helps you identify where you are making the wrong food choices,
Spices have been used for centuries the world over for their pharmaceutical attributes to cure illnesses and prevent diseases. So it is not a surprise to find out that many spices are full of powerful antioxidants
Check out my 10 tips for healthy eating that I’ve learned over the years from professional dietitians and nutritionists: 1. Eat small meals every 3-4 hours. Spacing your meals