Wholewheat-Oatmeal Blueberry Muffins
(Makes 12 muffins)
1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup oat bran
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup grape seed oil
1/2 cup Greek-style yogurt
1 1/2 Tbsp of raw honey
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1 cup blueberries
1/2 cup walnuts, crushed into medium pieces
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C. Grease the muffin cups with a bit of oil.
2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, oats, baking powder, salt and baking soda.
3. In a separate smaller bowl, mix together grape seed oil, yogurt, honey, vanilla and eggs. Combine the two mixtures together in the big bowl. Mix well making sure all ingredients are blended.
4. Spoon the mixture into the muffin pan cups. Take equal amounts of blueberries and walnuts and insert into each individual cup separately.
5. Bake until the muffins are golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. (about 20 minutes)
6. Store in an airtight container and refrigerate if keeping for more than a few days.
Never miss a single update or post – sign up to HHB Life Newsletter and stay healthy, happy and beautiful.
Check out my 10 tips for healthy eating that I’ve learned over the years from professional dietitians and nutritionists: 1. Eat small meals every 3-4 hours. Spacing your meals
You have to get all the necessary vitamins that your body needs to function properly and make you feel and look your best. Vitamins have a big effect on your appearance…
Good nutrition is the key to being healthy and beautiful. What you decide to put in your body affects every aspect of your life. You have to choose foods that help nourish and fuel…
Start Slow. Try setting your goal for one litre a day at first. Fill up a one-litre bottle in the morning and make it your goal to finish it by the end of the day.