Zucchini-Feta Cheese Pancakes with Greek style Tzatziki sauce
(Makes 8 pancakes)
2 zucchinis, grated
1 small onion, minced
1 egg, beaten
1 cup of fresh whole-grain breadcrumbs (see Note for how to make them)
1/4 cup crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill, divided
1/2 teaspoon salt , divided
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, divided
2 tablespoons of sunflower seed or vegetable oil
1 cup low-fat sour cream
1/2 long cucumber
- Preheat oven to 230 degrees C. Coat the oven tray with cooking spray such as Pam
- Combine zucchini, onion, and egg in a large bowl. Add the breadcrumbs, feta cheese, 1 tablespoon dill, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; mix well to combine. Form the mixture into 8 pancakes
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Put 4 pancakes on the pan and cook until crispy and browned on one side – about 2 to 5 minutes. Do the same with the remaining 4 pancakes
- Transfer the pancakes to the oven tray and bake until firm and heated through – 10 to 15 minutes. Be careful when transferring the pancakes as they may fall apart. Use a spatula and a spoon to make the transfer
- While waiting, prepare the tzatziki sauce: Combine sour cream, grated cucumber, 1 tablespoon dill and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper in a small bowl. Serve the pancakes with the tzatziki on the side.
Note: To make fresh breadcrumbs – Toast whole-grain bread well in a toaster until crispy. Tear bread into pieces and blend in a food processor into coarse crumbs. One slice makes about 1/3 cup crumbs.
Never miss a single update or post – sign up to HHB Life Newsletter and stay healthy, happy and beautiful.
You have to get all the necessary vitamins that your body needs to function properly and make you feel and look your best. Vitamins have a big effect on your appearance…
A Food Diary is a daily report of what you ate, what time you ate it, how much you ate, and why you ate it. It helps you identify where you are making the wrong food choices,
Good nutrition is the key to being healthy and beautiful. What you decide to put in your body affects every aspect of your life. You have to choose foods that help nourish and fuel…
Working long hours, leading a hectic lifestyle, and traveling can certainly be obstacles to eating healthy. But these don’t have to be excuses for not eating well, and you can certainly…