Teeth stains, discoloration, and an unaesthetic smile are some common problems faced by millions globally. Thankfully, there is an easy, pain-free, and highly durable solution: Lumineers! These are aesthetic dental materials that can easily camouflage several dental imperfections.
Our renowned cosmetic dentist near the South Loop in Downtown Chicago and their team are dedicated to offering high-quality Lumineers, imparting a radiant and beautiful smile.
What are Lumineers?
Lumineers are a brand of dental veneers that are popular in cosmetic dentistry. These are ultra-thin, porcelain (tooth-colored) slips that fit perfectly over your teeth. These porcelain laminates bond well with the tooth surface, creating the perfect smile you have always dreamed of.
Who should get Lumineers?
Lumineers are considered excellent options to treat the following conditions:
- Moderately stained or discolored teeth
- Chipped or crazed teeth
- Diastema (unwanted gaps or space between teeth)
- Moderately crooked teeth
- Teeth that are not strong enough for traditional veneers
- Worn down teeth
- Poorly aligned or shaped teeth
- Unnatural-looking bridges and crowns
What are the potential benefits of Lumineers?
Here are some of the reasons or benefits why Lumineers are most popular:
- Non-invasive procedure so it does not damage the surrounding structures or tissues
- No injections or anesthesia required
- No harsh drilling of the tooth surface
- Requires only one to two dental visits
- No pain or discomfort experienced
- Aesthetically satisfactory since they blend with the natural teeth color
- Less material is required, almost the thickness of a contact lens
- Totally reversible procedure
- Durable and long-lasting (over 20 years)
What to expect during the Lumineers procedure?
Here is what the Lumineers procedure looks like:
- During your first visit, your dentist will evaluate your oral cavity and record your medical history and lifestyle habits
- Dental X-rays will be recorded to evaluate the way your teeth align and occlude
- A certain amount of enamel surface will be removed
- A detailed model of your teeth will be prepared through full-mouth impressions
- The appropriate shade will be chosen according to your preference and natural teeth
- During your second visit, the Lumineers will be bonded to your teeth using a suitable bonding agent
How to care for your Lumineers?
To make the most out of your Lumineers treatment and prolong its lifespan, follow the below given oral hygiene routine:
- Brush and floss your teeth twice daily
- Avoid highly sugary or acidic foods and beverages
- Visit the dentist regularly every 6 months
- Limit intake of teeth-staining foods like:
- Red wine
- Soy sauce
- Dark sodas
- Energy drinks
There is no need to go around feeling ashamed of the way your teeth look. Lumineers can effectively enhance your smile and overall appearance.