Drinking water at home should be safe, accessible, and affordable. Purchasing the Berkey water system is the only way to achieve it. It is the best way to ensure your family’s safety without burning a hole in your pocket. For more information on Berkey shower filters, visit the official USA Berkey website
Most people realize the damage that bottled water can cause. It is not only expensive but also harmful to the environment and your family’s health. It’s high time to kick the bottled water habit and filter your tap water at home for a safe drinking water experience.
Aside from the essential safety that a water filter can offer, many people also prefer to filter their water to taste better. We’ll walk you through the importance of purifying water and the different water systems you will find at Berkey.
How do you know if your water is safe?
The easiest and most reliable way to know how safe your water is by requesting for annual water quality reports. It is also known as consumer confidence reports. It contains data that will help customers make wise choices when it comes to their drinking water. It includes a list of the contaminants found in your water supply and how it can affect your health. The toxins that are found in your water for the previous year will also be available.
Who can request a water quality report?
This data is accessible to any customer of the community water system. This system provides services for over 15 households.
You can obtain this report every year on the first day of July.
How can a Water Quality Report be of help?
A Water Quality Report contains the following:
- It entails the source of your drinking water. It could be groundwater, river, or lake.
- A brief stating the water assessment and measurement of the source water’s susceptibility to contamination. It also details the copy of the full water assessment.
- The EPA regulations and health standards for drinking water.
- A complete list of the contaminants that are found in the water and its corresponding levels.
- The possible health effects of these contaminants that are found in the water. It also reveals if the level violates the health standard of EPA.
How important is a Water Quality Report?
Water Quality Report is crucial because it tells you if there is any violation of the EPA quality standards that occurs in your water community system. With this in mind, it is not advisable to drink water that fails to comply with the established standards of EPA. Fortunately, public utilities have improved their techniques and methods in treating water. Over the years, water quality continues to improve. Most of the water systems are adhering to the EPA regulations.
The report is crucial as it contains the list of lurking contaminants in your water supply. There is a maximum level of contaminants that are allowed for drinking water as imposed by the Safe Drinking Water Act. This report also tells you if there are any harmful substances that you need to filter before you consume the water in your household.
Factors to consider when purchasing a water system
There are factors to consider when you are planning to buy a water system for your family’s needs. For instance, what are you most concerned about? Are you worried about the health risks? Or you want to better the taste and odor of your drinking water? Keep in mind that different water filters are designed to eliminate different types of contaminants as well.
Now that you have the water quality report on hand, you can now choose the best water filter system for your family.
Water Filter Options
Just like other products, water filters come in all shapes and sizes. You need to consider your filtration needs, budget, and lifestyle preferences. Here are the following options you have when it comes to water filters:
- Carafe water filters are the simplest water filters you can use. It fits inside a pitcher, allowing you to keep it inside your fridge. It is also an ideal choice for customers in a budget. Its main downgrade is its short lifetime and can only filter limited water at a time.
- A faucet-mounted filter is a type of filter that you will screw to the mouth of your faucet. It is simple to install, but it can also slow down the water flow. If you have multiple faucets, you need to buy multiple filters as well.
- Countertop filters are the best choice if you want to purify large amounts of water. It does not require modified plumbing and does not clog. However, you cannot use it in any faucet, and it can take too much space in your kitchen.
- Whole-house filters are significant investments. It will filter all the water that goes through your house. It means when you’re cooking, using the bathroom, doing the laundry, or washing the plates; you are using purified water. This type of filter requires professional installation, and the maintenance can be costly. If anything goes wrong with the filter, you’d have to call your local plumber instead of trying your luck with DIY projects.
Choose the best filter for your family
Each water filter comes with pros and cons. You need to weigh these factors before considering the best filter that will suit your family’s needs.
When considering the price, there are other costs that you need to shoulder, such as maintenance, replacement, and installation fee. You need to change some parts of your filters to keep it in good working condition. It also helps to increase the lifespan of the machine and avoid clogging. Before buying a water filter, you need to know the expected replacement cost if your filter breaks. Make sure to know the estimated lifespan of the manufacturer for their products.
You need to ensure that your water filter’s total storage capacity will suit your family’s needs. A large family will also require a filter that can purify water in large quantities.
Lastly, you need to have the assurance that your water filter can do the contaminants you are planning to remove from the water. Most manufacturers include a list of the contaminants that their water filter is capable of removing. That way, you know that the filter you’re about to buy is suitable for your household needs.
Filtered water is not a luxury only for the privileged people but an essential part of life. Hence, choosing the best filter from the Berkey water system is crucial. Browse our products today and find the best filter for your needs!