The world of dermatology is relatively new to the concept of platelet-rich plasma and its use as a remedy for hair loss. With more researches and studies getting involved, the effectiveness of PRP is getting known to man. To understand this better, we have listed its important aspects.
The PRP therapy
Platelet-rich plasma therapy is focused on drawing out plasma from your blood and using it to induce hair growth. This plasma is a great source to heal injuries faster, carries a lot of growth factors, increases the levels of stem cells in the blood, and increases collagen production. As a whole, these factors improve the overall hair thinning issues.
How is the procedure conducted?
PRP injection process is simply done through 3 steps:
- The blood is drawn from your arm.
- The blood is centrifuged to separate the blood layers. PRP is collected separately.
- The PRP is injected into the scalp with syringes. In some cases, topical numbing is applied.
Who is benefitted from the therapy?
This therapy offers a wide range of benefits:
- This is perfect for both men and women who are suffering from hair thinning or balding. But if the cause of hair loss is different from these, then the treatment alone might not be beneficial.
- Any individual who is suffering from androgenic alopecia is going to get benefitted. This is patterned baldness and is the most common issue behind hair loss and baldness.
- This treatment has been proven beneficial to ages between 18 to 72 years.
- This treatment is also helpful for people having hair loss due to hypertension and stress. As these are not chronic issues, they are easily treatable.
- Individuals who are recently witnessing hair loss can also opt for PRP treatment.
How to get yourself prepared for this therapy?
Before the therapy,
- Shampoo and condition your hair. Clean the scalp from grease and dirt.
- Eat a healthy breakfast and drink at least 16 ounces of water. This will prevent dizziness.
After the therapy,
- Get back to your normal activities.
- Wash your hair following a normal routine.
The PRP hair restoration at Clinique Anti Aging is the best you can ask for. They use all the latest tools and techniques and follow the best practices to give you the hair you have always dreamt of. With them, get all your hair loss issues sorted at once.