Suryadatta Group of Institutions was founded in 1991 by the Suryadatta Education Foundation, a Charitable Trust who has created a series of institutes in different streams to provide quality education. Among the wide array of Institutes, they have established the Surydataa Institute of Management in Pune, also called the Oxford of the East, as it has lately transformed into an education hub.
Suryadatta Institute of Management and Technology, as it is called, is affiliated to the Pune based Savitribai Phule University and is considered as one of the best Management institutes in Pune. The unique feature of this institute is that it offers both the MBA and PGDM full-time two-year courses to its students. Having gained in reputation, students flock to the institute for a coveted degree in management from all corners of the country.
The Institute offers both the AICTE approved full-time PGDM, and the University approved MBA, both aiming to develop the budding managers into thoroughbred business leaders at the end of the course. Let us check out the salient features of the two courses, even though they overlap each other in more than one aspect.
- PGDM: The redeeming feature of this full-time course is that it provides for dual major specializations. Thus you have PGDM in Finance and Marketing, HR and International Business, Marketing and International Business or Marketing, and Information Technology. This apart, you also have the option to choose sector-specific Check out the salient features of this course:
- Dual and sector area specialization
- New age area specialization
- Global Immersion Programme.
- Summer Internship for 4 months.
- MBA: Unlike the PGDM courses, this permits specialization in single majors like Finance, Marketing, HR, Business Analytics and Operations, and Supply Chain Management. Minor electives for specialization are Rural and Agribusiness, Tourism and Hospitality, and Health, to name a few. The salient features are:
- 2 Year programme comprising of 4 semesters.
- 110 credits
- Five major and seven minor specializations
- International orientation.
- Blended learning
The eligibility criteria and the admission procedure for both the courses are the same. You have to be graduate from any discipline with a minimum of 50% marks. Additionally, you must have cleared any of the wide range of management entrance tests held in the country every year. It also includes the state level entrance test for management. Similarly, the admission procedure is similar in all respects. Once registered and shortlisted, you shall have to appear for GD and Personal Interview before you are cleared for admission.
- PGDM: The registration fee is Rs.50K. Tuition fees are Rs.3L per year, amounting to Rs.6L for the entire course. The fee is inclusive of a study tour to either Dubai or Singapore subject to eligibility norms. Additionally, the hostel boarding charges are Rs.1.25L per academic year.
- MBA: You need to register with Rs.40K and is adjusted with the first-year tuition fees. Thus you pay Rs.1.6L in the first year and Rs.2L in the second. Hostel fees are the same as that of PGDM
The institute endeavors to provide 100% placement assistance to its students so that they can spread wings on completion of either the PGDM or MBA course. During the last five years, the track record has been impressive, with more than 750 recruiters showing interest in campus placements in the institute. The average salary package on placement has been Rs.4.5LPA lowest and Rs.14.39LPA highest.
The city of Pune has emerged as an education hub. Among the many institutes thronging the city, Suryadatta Institute of Management has cornered niche for itself. With the option of two courses with multiple benefits, it is no doubt to be among the preferred destination for aspiring management students to turn into future business leaders in the country.