When hit from behind, a motorcyclist can sustain various injuries in addition to other kinds of losses. In a situation like this, consulting with a Boston personal injury attorney specializing in motorcycle accidents could prove to be the most effective method to safeguard your legal rights. You should not have to pay for the damages caused by the other driver’s carelessness in the accident.
Injuries That Are Commonly Sustained In Rear-End Motorcycle Crashes
Due to the lack of safety afforded to them, motorcyclists are put in a precarious position if they are involved in an accident with a larger or heavier vehicle. When a vehicle is rear-ended, the contact force usually strikes the back tire, which causes it to lift off the ground and can often cause the rider to be thrown from their bike. The following are some of the most frequent types of injuries:
- The whiplash effect
- Trauma to the head
- Fractures of the ribs
- Cuts and punctures to the skin, tissues, and muscles
- damage to the abdomen, including bleeding inside the body
- Fractures of the pelvis
- damage to the spinal cord
- Internal organ dysfunction and damage
- Damage caused by road rash
What Steps Should You Take Immediately Following a Rear-End Collision to Protect Your Potential for Recovery?
After a rear-end collision, you should call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room. Some of the problems that can be caused by this kind of event, such as whiplash, damage to internal organs, and head traumas, may not be immediately apparent when the accident occurs. Consider the following after you have been to the emergency room:
- Gathering information about what took place from any still available witnesses
- and submitting an exhaustive police report in the event that one has not already been filed.
- Making an emergency call to a motorbike attorney in Omaha for assistance right now
- Stay away from posting anything related to your legal situation on social media.
- Restraining yourself from communicating with an insurance company when your lawyer is not present
Get Immediate Assistance by Hiring a Lawyer Specializing in Motorcycle Accidents
Do not conclude that your case will be simple simply because you were struck from behind. It is not unusual for multiple lines of defense to be applicable to a case involving this kind of accident. You are still required to provide proof that you are liable. Because of this, it is quite important to have a reliable attorney. It makes it more likely that errors will not happen and that you will get the money that is rightfully yours.