Having a drinking water filtration system inside your home becomes a necessity. It is a perfect way to ensure that your whole family is safe against water contamination.
Today, we will tackle five things you need to choose when buying a drinking water filter system in your home. To begin with, let’s check first the types of water filter you can install in your home. To learn more about water filtration systems, visit www.usaberkeyfilters.com
What are the types of water filter systems applicable in the home?
There are many types of water filters you can install in your home. Most of these systems are stand-alone products. Others need an expert plumber to fix the entire system.
- Water Filter Pitcher
It is a simple type of water filter that can hold up to three liters of water. It comes with a built-in filter that works against chlorine, fluoride, and other necessary water chemicals.
- Most of the filter cartridges can last for about 200 gallons of water.
- You can replace the filters.
- It can hold a small water capacity.
- Filters are prone to clogging. It is advisable to use public water and prevent well waters. That’s because it cannot withstand the minerals produced by hard water.
- Carbon Filter
A carbon filter is designed to remove organic compounds found in the water. One perfect example of this is chlorine.
Chlorine is a water cleaning agent that is present in the public water. Its primary purpose is to remove all harmful germs and viruses found in the water. However, chlorine is found to be dangerous also to the human body. Drinking water with chlorine can weaken our teeth and bones.
To get rid of chlorine content in your drinking water. It would help if you considered using a carbon filter.
- It provides a perfect solution against chlorine.
- Low price water filter.
- Easy to install.
- Limited access to water filters. Carbon filters cannot remove sodium, microbes, and fluoride that is present in the water.
- It cannot soften the water. Therefore, it is more prone to hard minerals such as limescale.
- Filters are prone to clogging.
- Water Softener
It is a type of water filter treatment that softens the hard water from the water source.
Hard water contains minerals that cannot break down easily. It includes a high presence of calcium and magnesium that causes scaling.
A scaling can damage your other household appliances if no actions are implemented. It also affects your body and can cause serious health problems.
- It works perfectly against hard water.
- It removes limescale from the water.
- It has a limited range of filtration. It cannot remove germs and bacteria in the water.
- Filters are prone to clogging because it keeps all the hard minerals found in the water.
- The water softener is dependent. It will need another water filter system to work the water softener correctly.
- Reverse Osmosis
Reverse osmosis provides the most effective water purifying system in the market today. It is made to remove all types of contaminants found in your tap water.
- Reverse osmosis can remove all types of water-borne contaminants such as germs, organic and inorganic compounds, and heavy metals.
- It contains several filters that remove various kinds of water contaminants.
Drinking-Water Filter System Buying Guidelines
Here are the top five things you need to consider when buying a drinking water filter system.
- Check What’s in Your Tap Water
Before you purchase a water filter system in your household, make sure to know first your water source. There are two distinct sources of house water; municipal water and well water.
If your water supply comes from municipal water treatment plants, we recommend that you select a filter that is good against chlorine.
Most of the treated water comes with chlorine content. Public water treatment facilities need to make sure that the water they’re serving is free from microorganisms.
On the other hand, if your primary source of water comes from the ground, we recommend selecting a reverse osmosis water filter system. It provides all types of filters that are perfect against groundwater contaminants.
- Check the Price
When buying a water filter system, make sure that you have enough budget for the said filter system.
If you have a low amount of budget, we suggest that you choose a more economical price filter. On the other hand, if you want better protection against a high level of water contaminants, we recommend buying a reverse osmosis system.
- Check the Number of your Family
If you have a small group of family, we suggest choosing a water filter pitcher. However, if your family is big, you will need more and sustainable filtered water. In this case, we highly advise choosing a water softener or a reverse osmosis water filter system.
The warranty is vital to any product. Some water filter systems offer a lifetime warranty while others do not. If you want a real durable and practical water filter system, we highly recommend choosing a product that provides more warranty coverage.
Extending warranty coverage for each product means that the manufacturers are confident about their products. So, don’t hesitate to purchase this item even if selling it at a higher price. Quality is essential rather than quantity.
We highly suggest you need to pick a water filter system that provides more durability than aesthetic design.
- Flow Rate and Filtration Lifespan
Before you buy a water filter, make sure to check the flow rate of the water purifier. It is vital to know how fast the filtration procedure is.
Also, we need to check the filter lifespan. We highly suggest choosing a water filter that can last for up to one year before we schedule a water filter replacement.
Buying a water filter system for your home is an excellent asset for the safety of your family. However, you need to select the right water filter to keep the high-efficiency performance of the product.
Check out all the essential details mentioned above. It will guide you to know which water filter system is the right one for you.